skip to Main Content
CALL:  1-519-746-7100 for a free quote now!
A lake full of weeds that are growing to surface needs water weed control services from Peerless Turfcare

Aquatic Weed Spraying for Submerged Weeds

For 18 years, Peerless Turfcare has provided quality aquatic weed spraying for pond, lake, marinas, canal, exterminations for weeds and aquatic growth.
Our coverage area ranges from start of St Lawrence Seaway at Cornwall and south to Windsor and North to the Muskoka, and everywhere in between.  Peerless Turfcare uses REWARD as it is a very safe, effective and fast acting product.  See “before” and “after” pictures at the bottom of this page.

To be successful in controlling pond vegetation, the process needs to start early in the season, as early as January to March.  Permits must be filled out and an application sent to the MECP and in some cases other agencies for their approval before May. This process can take months to complete.    Spraying CANNOT be done without a permit in hand as it is illegal.

Start Application process now to get approved for 2020 season!

The Trent Severn Waterway Commission (Parks Canada), has their own fees and permits for aquatic weed spraying that go above and beyond the Ministry of Environment and Climate Control (MOEE&CC) requirements. This permit may take over 100 days to get. Their requirement list is lengthy. Permits are achievable but take time. The optimum time to spray aquatic pond weeds is in June/July. Permits dictate when we can spray.

Our applications are done from a boat, product is sprayed over the surface of the water, it filters down and kills weeds, which die and sink to bottom. The process needs to be repeated annually.  The product REWARD degrades on the bottom of waterbody. Its heavier than water.

Permits specify safety management post application. Peerless AquaCare tends to double the security conditions.

Pond Vegetation Control Phragmites and other invasives.

Vegetation around ponds can be treated throughout the year.   Many ponds have Phragmites E. Common Reed which is an invasive species.   By permission from the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) we can control Phragmites in dry ponds dugouts or roadsides.

Expert Richard Maass on aquatic weed control.

We spray so you can play!

“Before” and “After” pictures taken summer of 2018.

Before Treatment
Before Treatment
Just 2 days later
Just 2 days later

The whole reason I wanted to be on the lake, was to have fun in the sun with my family.   I can do this now that the weeds are gone.   Thank you so much!   NY, Puslinch ON.


“We can see clear lake bottom. …… most of weeds after years of spraying are gone” Dave T Cambridge

“We have never been able to swim off our dock. Now we can” Paul C. Glouster Pool Trent Severn Waterway

Back To Top